This section is all about learning Integration Directory topic in SAP PO. We learned previously that we can do two things in AEX one is design and another one is config and Integration Directory are all about Configuring the Interface.
Integration Directory or ID tool is used to configure the interface that defines connectivity, routing and entire message flow from end to end.
Think ID as tool that links all things together and create a logical flow of interface.
In ESR we designed the objects like data type, interface and mapping program but we did not configure how to use them during message processing.
But in the Integration Directory we define the entire logical steps to connect to system, pull the message, convert by using mapping program developed in ESR and route the new message to target system.
All the hands-on will be on SAP PO Single Stack 7.5. Well that’s the latest PO Version as of today.
Apart from hands-on, I will give you proper definition and explain the concepts behind each of the objects. This will help you to understand and develop yourself at the same time.
At the end of the blog, you can download the presentation file that is used in this demo! It is Absolutely FREE!
This blog only covers the outline of this course but if you are interested in the course then you can find the details below.
Is there any Prerequisite?
The Prerequisite for this course is to complete the following course:
- Introduction to SAP PO
- Architecture of SAP PO
- AEX: Understanding Advanced Adapter Engine Extended
- SLD: Complete Understanding of System Landscape Directory
- ESR: Complete Hands on Enterprise Service Repository
Topics Discussed in this Course
In this topic, you will learn lots of things, well you might want to consider taking breaks during completing this course. At the end, make sure you do the exercise on your PO systems.
In this topic, you will learn lots of things, and my suggestion is to take is slowly from here and start working with the ID tools along with this session. Also, you need access of SAP PO system to proceed from here.
Let me explain what you’ll learn:
- I will introduce you to the Integration Directory tools and will give you an overview on how to work with ID.
- Then you will learn about Collaboration Profiles, Logical Routing and Collaboration Agreements.
- Then you will understand how the Integration Configuration scenario are configured.
- I will explain on how XI Message protocol is structured compared with SOAP Protocol.
- Then I will introduce you to the different adapter types available in AEX.
- You will learn to build interface using configuration scenarios
- Understanding of Value Mapping
- Learn to how to publish service in the service registry
- Finally I will show the purpose of Integration Directory API
Here on-wards, I will balance the lesson between the theory and hands on. So it is easier to learn and practice for you.
After you finish this lesson, you should be good to start building end to end interface using AEX and test it.
How to access Integration Directory Tool?
You can access ID with this link -> http://<hostname>:<port>/dir/start/index.jsp
These are just snapshot from the course. To take the course following the link above.
Integration Directory Configuration:
Finally, if you want to continue to discuss further on this topic then you can reach us via this forum.