SAP Process Orchestration (PO) is a combo product provided by SAP and it is actually part of Netweaver family. The primary purpose of this tool is to serve the Integration needs.
This topic is about introduction to SAP Process Orchestration (PO). SAP PO has tools that can be used to integrate systems by exchanging messages and build the business process.
I will start this podcast with basics like why there is need for integration tool and how SAP integration tool are used to solve integration challenges. This section will make you familiar with what is SAP PO and its background. In future lessons we will learn more about architecture and then the actual tools.
Well, let me give you quick definition of SAP PO.
SAP PO is a product. Like Microsoft Office. – Product.
Each tools in SAP PO helps to address the specific needs of Integration.
SAP Process Orchestration is a combination of three different tools:
- SAP Process Integration (SAP PI)
- SAP Business Rules Management (BRM)
- SAP Business Process Management (BPM)
So, if you are thinking where is SAP PI? Then you need to understand that PO is a product and PI is the actual tool.
And we will cover everything under SAP PO but in this section it is just basics and introduction.
At the end of the blog, you can download the presentation file that is used in this demo! It is Absolutely FREE!
This blog only covers the outline of this course but if you are interested in the course then you can find the details below.
Is there any Prerequisite?
The prerequisite for this course is to complete Basics section that covers all these topics
- XML: Introduction to XML
- XML: Introduction to XSD, DTD and Validation
- XML: Understand and Build your own XPATH
- WEB: Complete Understanding of HTTP Protocol
- WEB: Introduction to Webservices, SOAP, WSDL & UDDI
- WEB: SOA & ESB: Simple ways to understand its Architecture
- INTEGRATION: A2A & B2B – Learn how to use these terms
- INTEGRATION: EDI: Introduction to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- INTEGRATION: PIP: Introduction to Partner Interface Processes
- NETWEAVER: Complete Understanding of SAP Netweaver Architecture
Topics Discussed in this Course
Let me give you the flow of the topics:
- First we try to understand why there is actually need for any integration tool what are the challenges.
- Then we will learn about SAP Process Orchestration
- I Will give you some background about the previous releases of SAP PO and how it evolved till date.
- Also we will look at the components of SAP PO
- Finally, we will look at how SAP PO is positioned in the overall integration architecture.
SAP PO in Netweaver Family?
SAP Process Orchestration is the combo product in the SAP Netweaver Family. It represents the Process section with many different tools.
The main purpose of SAP PO is to build process and integrate systems to run the company business process in more efficient ways.
What is SAP Process Orchestration?
The podcast above give you the complete details about the SAP Process Orchestration. Listen to it!
Finally, if you want to continue discuss further on this topic then you can reach us via this forum.